Banging Rocks builds project-based teams to create XR and related applications for positive social impact. We emphasize flexible, emergent collaboration that is equitable, interdisciplinary and innovative.
A world where education, collaboration, growth and focus on the public good are playful, inspiring and ubiquitous. A world where next-generation mixed reality tools and experiences are readily available to all. Not regardless of diversity of socioeconomic, neurological and cultural factors and other aspects of identity, but specifically geared to support that range. The future is inclusive and varied. We see a world whose structure and form emerges in partnership with the individuals in it, rather than one imposed on them. We want a world where everybody can reach their potential and live into it in the way they choose.
Our mission is to create mind-expanding, inspiring and transformational experiences and tools via Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality that educate, empower, nourish and enliven – by fostering a diverse, interdisciplinary, collaborative community that emphasizes right action and right relations and that values the potential of its teams and its user communities as a key part of the bottom line.
- We use gameful design for the betterment of our end-users. The well-being of our users as impacted by our products is a core metric for each application.
- Our aim is awe, not polish. For each project we seek the minimal sweet spot that brings things to life.
- We treat our teams right. This means
- Providing opportunities for education and creative expression (this doesn’t need to be grants – it can be mentoring and opportunities to use gear / assets for projects)
- Providing a fair wage for the work done, credit for innovation, and opportunities for equity in projects that match the dedication & skill each person brings to the team
- Fostering continued relationships: don’t burn through volunteers, nourish geniuses we can work with.
- Though not a B Corporation, we try to follow B Corporation standards and affirm their stated beliefs:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.